**This post contains affiliate links. If you buy through these links you help support my family, so thank you! All opinions are my own.
In accepting this award, I know there are a few tasks for me to complete, so here we go…
11 Random Facts About Myself
1. I was born in Paris to a French mother and British father, and so can technically only pass on my French nationality to my daughter as I have more claim to it.
2. My writing has been translated and published in Croatian.
3. I’ve been reading the same copy of The Very Hungry Caterpillar to my five-week-old that my dad read to me when I was a baby.
4. When my family moved to Switzerland when I was 15, we rented a house that came with a cat.
5. My husband and I got engaged after only 5 months of dating.
7. I’ve recently discovered Terry Pratchett’s Discworld Novels and have been racing through them one after another.
8. When I was little I wanted to be Julie Andrews.
9. I’ve been a Joss Whedon fan ever since I was introduced to Buffy by a close friend when I was about 15 – his series are all gripping!
10. When I was in primary school, I declared to my parents that I was going to read Roald Dahl’s The BFG 184 times, because that was my favourite number. I only made it to about 20.
11. I have had five jobs in the last three years, but am finally doing my dream one: being a stay-at-home-mum.
Questions from La Chica de la Burbuja
1. Who is your best friend? My husband. Without doubt.
2. What was the last dream you had that you did not want to wake up from? Any where I am flying or that involve chocolate!
3. What makes you angry? The lack of support for families in terms of work times and for parents who wish to stay at home with their children that is offered by governments. And comments like Richard Dawkins’ recent one about aborting Down Syndrome babies. (But I was calmed by this beautiful response).
4. If you could wake up tomorrow speaking another language – what would it be? Mandarin Chinese. I tried learning it at university, but it just wouldn’t stick like European languages do. I’d just really love to learn a very different language to what I speak already.
5. Tie or bow-tie? On me – neither! But on someone else: tie, unless it’s someone who can genuinely pull off a bow-tie (they are few and far-between. And usually quirky.)
6. What is your favourite colour? Yellow – it’s such a happy colour.
7. What is the album that best describes your life so far? I haven’t actually heard it, but Mary J. Blige’s Suitcase sounds like a song title that sums up my life spent living in various different countries and often living out of a suitcase for quite a while! But the soundtrack to my life, my most listened to album, is undoubtedly John Mayer’s Room For Squares.
8. What did you think clouds were when you were little? Heaven’s floors.
10. When was the last time that you laughed so much your belly hurt? Probably watching Whose Line is it Anyway?. Or when with some of the close friends who we’ve been visiting/have visited recently to introduce our daughter to them.
11. If you were reincarnated as an animal what would you be? A cat. They have the best life.
Questions for my nominees
1. Who was your childhood hero?
2. Do you play (or have you ever played) any musical instruments?
3. Video game or board game?
4. What are three things you couldn’t live without?
5. What is your favourite dessert?
6. What skill/talent do you most wish you had?
7. What is the best smell in the world?
8. Do you look most like your mum or your dad?
9. Which superpower would you choose to have?
10. Would you rather have someone do all of your cooking or all of your cleaning?
11. What’s something new and wonderful you’ve discovered?
For my nominees: If you choose to accept the award, please do one or more of the tasks above (list 11 random facts about yourself, and/or answer the questions), then nominate some other blogs that inspire you and ask them a set of your own questions.
If you would like to add a picture of the award to your sidebar, here is it, along with instructions on how to add it: