Happy Thanksgiving to all American readers! 🙂
Although we do not celebrate the day in the UK, I thought it only appropriate to share a little of the everyday grace and little blessings that have touched my life recently. So here are 20 things I’m thankful for today:
1. My husband – my partner in life, the one who supports and takes care of me.
2. A cat to keep me company when I’m alone at home.
3. Cheerios – a miracle food when you’re feeling ill.
6. God’s provision at all times, especially when we take the biggest risks for Him.
7. Harry Potter books to keep me company when I’m ill in bed, bringing back comforting childhood memories and taking me outside of the long day for a little while.
8. The 54-day novena we are in the process of that changes our lives everytime we pray it.
9. My American friends who remind me of the importance of setting aside a day to be thankful.
10. My wonderful family.
11. Skype – for all its faults, it allows me to stay in touch with my beloved sister.
12. My health – even when I am sick, I know that this is nothing compared to what could have been, thanks to good doctors, chemotherapy, and a lot of prayer.
13. Surprises – the totally unexpected ones and the ones I knew would come but wasn’t sure when…
16. Friends who are always willing to offer advice and a helping hand.
17. Jazz FM playing in the background.
18. Our flat, which was completely providential and way cheaper than it should have been.
19. My church family, the Mass, our wonderful Pope and his illuminating new encyclical.
20. The exciting approach of Christmas.
What about you? What are you thankful for today? What graces, big or small, have you been blessed with in this time?